Friday, December 2, 2016

Memories of Christmas Past by Susanne


Ho ho hello, all you merry counterfeiters.  Susanne here, with my installment in our series - The memories of Christmas past.

The idea is to make up a mini kit / page kit and a project highlighting a Christmas from the past. Try to use limited supplies to finish a single project.  We hope these short posts highlight that something can be created quickly and easily, even at this crazy busy time of year.  These ideas, of course, are transferrable to your own current Christmas projects.

I started with a 12 x 12 cut-apart sheet from Lawn Fawn’s Snow Day Collection paired with a sticker sheet from Pebbles Home for Christmas collection and a white chipboard alphabet called Sotheby’s from American Crafts which included two sizes of letters.

SBC_pp-lf755SBC_ac-73266241dQ7G-mOIL

These items set the mood of my layout, now I just needed to add basics.  I chose a green “kachina” sheet of Bazzill cardstock as my base, and then layered it with two leftover pieces of patterned paper.  The larger one was a neutral black dot on white and the smaller layer was a tiny tone-on-tone floral in blue that complemented my photo and the light turquoise featured in the other elements.

I chose 3 of the journal cards to arrange across my page – one as an accent block, one as a journal block and one to use to frame my photo.  Then I set about embellishing with bird houses cut from a fourth block and bird stickers from the Pebbles sheet.  To give my page pizzazz, I added in red washi tape, sequins, black and white ribbon and a big turquoise button tied near my title.  I used both sizes of Thickers, inking the larger one and covering it with Stickles to give the word Santa a little more punch. I also decorated the top and bottom borders of the page very simply.

20161019_151453

It took me less than 45 minutes in total to complete this page (not counting drying time).  I hope you will take the hint to use those cut-apart pages as the major element of your next layout.  It is definitely a time saver.

If you pop over to my blog, Snaps & Snippets, you will find another example of a quick and easy Christmas memory page.

See you tomorrow with my post about a follower of Christmas present.

5 comments:

  1. super cute layout Suzanne :)I'm gonna have to dig out some old pics of the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those lil birdhouses up top, stroke of beautiful genius!
    Love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the colours you've used, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout, full of colour and whimsy!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.