Hello everyone and Happy October! Susan here - it's my turn to take the reins for a new month of inspiration...
Ah, October! Definitely my favorite month of the year. In my little corner of the world, October is a month filled with pink cheeks from fresh air, indigo evening skies and hills tinted with brightly covered leaves. And that is one last little hint about my choice of inspiration this month.
Our October inspiration is the newest collection released by Pinkfresh Studio, "Indigo Hills":
This collection is a good mix of hand drawn elements with some color splashes, lovely florals and bold brushstrokes. Bold choices of colors are perfectly paired with some subtle colors. It has a good mix of embellishments to create one of a kind paper crafting projects and document your stories. We have also included some planner goodies in this collection. - From the Pinkfresh Studio Blog
Here are a few photos of this collection:
|Pinkfresh Studio on Instagram|
I love the combination of colors - the gray, soft blue, pink, navy and mustard yellow are very different from the colors I've been seeing in other collections. And I think Indigo Hills will work equally well with autumn and spring photos. There are some very bold and graphic patterns but the collection also includes a few watercolor-look papers and more traditional floral prints. You can see the full selection of papers, stickers, gold-foiled wood clips, leather (gasp!) alpha, washi tape and puffy stickers (my personal favorite) and more on the Pinkfresh blog post here.
I'm also happy to welcome our Guest Designer this month, Kelly Barron.
Hi everyone! I have loved all things crafty for as long as I can remember. My mother taught me to cross stitch and latch hook, and that was a love throughout my childhood. I have also dabbled in cake decorating and crochet. I stumbled upon scrapbooking after my son was born in 2000 and have been in love with the hobby ever since. There is just something so special about playing with pretty papers and embellishments that is just therapy for my soul, with the added bonus of documenting our lives. I also love to knit and usually have a couple of projects on needles at all times. Reading is another one of my hobbies and I especially love historical fiction. I have been married to my husband for 18 years and we have two teenagers who keep us on our toes!
We are very happy to have you here with us this month Kelly! Here's a little sneak peek at the kit Kelly put together:
And now, it's time for the blog hop to see the team's take on the inspiration:
- Guest Designer Kelly Barron: http://kaybeetoo.blogspot.com
- Lisa: http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
- Lynnette: http://www.sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com
- Susan: http://littlethingsbigdays.blogspot.com
- Susanne: http://snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
- Jemma: http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
- Kelly: http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com
- Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
- Lesley: Oh! Blog It!
- Leslie: http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
After you take a look at all our interpretations, it's your turn - what inspires YOU from Indigo Hills? Is it the color scheme, the designs, the overall "feel" of the collection? What will you pull from your stash to include in your kit? We would love to see the kit you put together - add it to our Mr. Linky so we can visit you and share some love.
Don't forget to check back in with us on the 4th for some forgeries, and on the 6th, 12th, and 16th for some October-themed challenges to help you use your kit.
And, of course, we'd love to have you join our Member Blog Hop...
***** MEMBER BLOG HOP *****
Don't forget that we *LOVE* it when you join in the fun and sign up to be on our member blog hop on 24th!
Find out how below!
Go on, you know you want to!
project should be something new, using a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit,
that you haven't shown before and will only post for the hop. Be
inspired by any of the challenges this month or just share something
you've created with your kit. Remember, the more the merrier and it
never fails to be a lot of fun!
To be a part of our blog hop:
- E-mail us your name & blog address & promise to participate at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 18th October.
- You will receive an e-mail from us by the 20th October with a list of the hop participants.
- You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project based on a challenge and link to the person after you in the hop.All Blog Hop posts will need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th October at 12:00am Mountain Standard Time (Arizona) but we will help you with the scheduling!